Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals need Joe Burrow as QB
(11-11-2019, 04:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. It's funny though because the board largely viewed it as a positive that Taylor was allowed to pick his own coaches. All he really did was hire friends though with little high level experience.

Turner was the most questionable of all. Not only did he not have good offensive lines in the Pros...but he had character issues. He also seems like he's probably a yeller...

I will admit that I actually thought ZT was a good hire.  I am still not writing him off yet, however with the decision he is opening himself up to be scrutinized.

Hands down the worst decision he made this offseason was moving on from Pollack to bring in Turner.  Of course that is easy for us to say at this point in the season with the way things stand now, but given his history and the way that whole saga played out in Miami, it isn't a leap to think that the struggles on this OLine might have something to do with him.

Again, it is easy to say so now, yet a well run organization would have meetings to make sure that the issue isn't Turner.  If it is Turner then Turner is gone, simple as that.  If it isn't Turner then find out what players and type of players that Turner needs and get them for him.  If he still can't get the job done with "his guys" then it is time to move on and get someone else.

I don't want it to seem that I am letting the players dictate who the coaches are, but if players refuse to play for the man then that is a big issue.  If the players don't care about his history or if it is only a few players, then you have to move on from those few players. 

For instance, if Glenn is the only one that has a issue with playing for Turner, then you trade Glenn as quickly as possible.  Don't just list him as out with a concussion, since many players have come back from concussions in 2-3 weeks.  Glenn doesn't want to play here, find out why and then address it accordingly.

I hope this organization does this, but from what I see and what is reported on, I don't think they are doing these things.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals need Joe Burrow as QB - Synric - 11-11-2019, 12:57 PM
RE: Bengals need Joe Burrow as QB - JSR18 - 11-11-2019, 01:32 PM
RE: Bengals need Joe Burrow as QB - JSR18 - 11-11-2019, 01:14 PM
RE: Bengals need Joe Burrow as QB - OswaldsLegacy - 11-11-2019, 04:58 PM
RE: Bengals need Joe Burrow as QB - Destro - 11-11-2019, 02:45 PM