Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft History Under Mike Brown
(11-18-2019, 06:12 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think with the top pick in round 2, they could get Hurts or maybe Eason.  Now maybe Tua although with his injury history, they should pass.  I could live with Young and Eason, or Young and Hurts.  Either way, Young is the BPA at this point.  I like Thomas but there are some good tackles this draft.  I hope they get Kindley, that guy is a monster.  

Agree that this draft is pretty deep on the O-line.  And we have so many needs, we can almost take BPA every round.  My ideal scenario would be Young in the first and wait on a QB until 2 (or later).  Hurts is interesting -- I could see him going late round 1 or dropping to 4-5.

Although the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning toward loading up on O-line and defense and waiting until next year to get a QB.  We really need to surround our new QB with a quality NFL team before we throw him to the wolves.  No rookie QB will make any significant difference next year; hell, we could bring in Rodgers or Brady and he would suck on this team as currently constructed.  In contrast, several backup-level QBs have performed adequately this season on better teams -- Bridgewater, Minshew, Rudolph, Kyle Allen, Brandon Allen, Tannehill -- that suggests we need to build a team before springing on a QB. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Draft History Under Mike Brown - TKUHL - 11-17-2019, 04:53 PM
RE: Draft History Under Mike Brown - shanebo - 11-19-2019, 12:16 PM