Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expense Report Alert: Bengals Scout Sightings
(11-21-2019, 11:32 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Herbert has a HUGE arm. And he's prototypical QB size.

My concern on Burrow is arm strength...and maybe he's just in a great system with great coaches and great talent around him. Maybe if you put Herbert in that, he'd put up the same numbers?

I don't know. It's pretty hard to go against production/performance though. But, it could be a mistake we make.

A guy like Urban Meyer obviously didn't think he'd be a franchise NFL QB earlier...but guys can improve physical skills.

I'm not really sure what you mean about Burrow being a system guy.  Prior to his arrival, LSU was traditionally a run heavy offense, operating out of I-formation and Pro-Sets.  It is because of Joe Burrow that they altered their system, in order to maximize his abilities.

People question his arm strength, yet he's rated the best at both downfield throws and efficiency under duress.

Now, if you just like Herbert better, because you like that he has unquestionably the strongest arm in the draft, is fairly athletic for such a big-bodied guy, and has the most snaps as a starter, I can respect that.  There's just no need to create any "false knocks" on Joe Burrow, in order to justify a personal preference.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expense Report Alert: Bengals Scout Sightings - SunsetBengal - 11-21-2019, 11:52 AM