Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals new excuse for not signing free agents
(11-21-2019, 11:30 AM)shanebo Wrote: Listening to Philadelphia talk radio this morning, I heard Ray Didinger say that the Eagles have "the worst receiving corps in football."  Now, he's not correct -- several teams have worse WRs than the Eagles (including the Bengals, without AJ).  Also, he's not technically employed by the Eagles, but he's one of those privileged few elite-level reporters who has special access to the players and ownership, frequently gets exclusive interviews and scoops, occasionally travels with the team, etc.  Hobson would never dare say anything like this....  "Worst receiving corps?  I disagree.  With five players drafted in rounds 1 or 2 (Pro Bowler Jeffrey, Agholor, Jackson, Arcega-Whiteside, and Matthews), we're far from the worst.  Just ask the Redskins, Ravens, Giants, Dolphins, Jets, Bills, or Panthers ... Has the WR corps been hurt by injury?  Sure.  Jeffrey has been dinged up, and Jackson is out.  Are they less productive than last year?  Sure.  But far from the worst.  Especially when you factor in Pro Bowl TE Ertz and second round pick Goedert!"

But the sad thing is that the Eagles ownership and management would look at this statement and acknowledge that they need WR help, and I'll bet they try to fix it in the offseason.  Bengals would ignore it, make excuses, and possibly revoke Didinger's team privileges ...

Admittedly they are both injured, but how many other teams have two WRs drafted top 10?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals new excuse for not signing free agents - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 11-21-2019, 03:18 PM