Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The plan: 4 Rookies will Fix Everything
After partaking in some high-grade Hobspin propaganda this week, it's becoming somewhat clear that a change in course by the organization will not be forthcoming any time soon. I'm not even sure that 0-16 will get them to admit that the Bengal Way "model model" has been proven a failure since 2016.

So, that leaves us with a realistic picture of what we can expect from the family when the smoke clears from this lartine fire of a season during the (I'm typing this with a straight face) "talent acquisition" portion of the league year, ie March and April. The team through Geoff has stated that the plan is clear, and the plan is to build an offense around an over-30 receiver who has not played a down since November of 2018. This is, of course galactically stupid, as their plans generally are. This will also likely eat up a good chunk of cap.

Back to talent acquisition: At this point, I think the best we can hope for is to get uncharacteristically fortunate in the first 3 rounds of the draft. We need to sniff out the elite quarterback first, then get 2 guys that can start immediately in 2 and 3.

I'm going to be generous and say that maybe they get a second rounder for Andy. Mind you, they are dumber that shit and lazier that any front office in football, so you never know. They might just pay him 14 mil to be disgruntled and harken back to Jon Kitna mentoring Palmer as an excuse not to get a pick/do something that would free up cap space. But for now, I'll say they get a second.

That leaves them with 4 picks before the 4th round, all early but the Dalton trade acquisition. Is 4 rookies plus Jonah enough to turn around this group of rejects? Maybe throw in a new DC? The entire o-line is replaceable minus Hopkins right now, but would Jonah plus another early o-lineman be enough to make them capable of protecting a rookie qb? They also, laughably seem to think that Michael Jordan played well enough to call him the future at LG, which is again, something only this organization would be lazy enough to believe.

Also, these people don't care about winning football games.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The plan: 4 Rookies will Fix Everything - samhain - 11-20-2019, 04:38 PM