Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengal Burfict calls the NFL rigged
(11-21-2019, 08:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think anyone is using this as some excuse to let Bengals management off the hook. We're still a terribly managed team, and that's the biggest thing. But if it comes down to a key call in a Steelers game (or any marquee team) vs the Bengals? I'm pretty surprised if the call goes our way.

The Steelers and Packers aren't marquee because of their population, they're marquee because their fanbases are nationwide and enormous. You can find a "Steelers bar" pretty much anywhere. That's why it used to annoy me to hear "Steelers fans travel well". They're not traveling, they're just everywhere.

When I was a kid say 1977/78. You could walk into a Sears store anywhere around, southern Ohio for me. And you'd see Bengals and Browns sheets, blankets, curtains, sleeping bags, socks, lunch boxes and so on. And right beside them you'd see Steelers, Packers, and Cowboys and that's all. Had to order the rest.

Why those 3 teams ? Yes Steelers were somewhat close but that wasn't the reason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former Bengal Burfict calls the NFL rigged - bengalfan74 - 11-21-2019, 09:02 PM