Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What About a “Bridge” Quarterback in 2020?
Yes, I know. Everyone, especially Mike Brown, is jonesin’ for a new quarterback in Cincinnati and since the Bengals have a mortal lock on the first pick in the draft, that’s the way the president/owner/general manager wants to go. But, before selecting just any Tom, Dick, or Tua we need to stop and think. Is that the best strategy? Aren’t there more pressing needs in Cincinnati than drafting another “shiny object” quarterback?

If it was up to me I would snag Chase Young first then load up on the best linebackers and offensive linemen in the country...

...but I haven’t forgotten the Bengals need a quarterback. So, I have an alternative suggestion to the draft to find one: Free agency. 2020 is filled with a plethora of free agent quarterbacks with proven NFL starting experience. These men would be more of a sure thing than an unproven rookie even if it’s only for a year.

Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Teddy Bridgewater, Marcus Mariota, Nick Foles, Jameis Winston, Philip Rivers, Cam Newton, and Eli Manning are all free agents — and some of them would love a chance to start again. I think calling their agents might be worth it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What About a “Bridge” Quarterback in 2020? - Fan_in_Kettering - 11-24-2019, 10:31 PM