Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How legit is this strategy?
(11-24-2019, 11:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not just for the Bengals, because we know how they have operated up to now, but just in general. IS this something the Bengals could do, or is it something that could be done in general. 

Or, am i just full of shit? I've seen a few people say there are too many needs to fix in one offseason, but i'm not sure that's true. 

Trade Dalton, Geno and Dunlap before the draft for 2020 draft picks. 

Draft; 
#1OA--Chase Young
1st rd 15-25 (pick acquired from trades and packaging later round picks)-- Tyler Biadasz 
2nd round-- Jalen Hurts/Jacob Eason
2nd rd 48-58 (pick acquired from trades and future draft picks)--Solomon Kindley
I don't trust this team's drafting after the 3rd round so i'm willing to mortage some picks this year and next (two?) to move up and get players that are closer to a sure thing. 

Some of you aren't going to like Hurts or Eason for different reasons, but i love Hurts running ability+size and he's improved passing and Eason is a big guy with a cannon that you could work with, ala, Josh Allen.

Offensive line-- Williams/Kindley/Hopkins/Biadasz/Glenn
(alternate)--draft Kenneth Murray instead of Biadasz, sign Conklin in FA
alternate Offensive line-- Williams/Kindley/Hopkins/Glenn/Conklin

Try and sign Corey Littleton.
Defensive line-- Hubbard, Billings, Topou, Glasgow, Young, Lawson (and a couple other guys).
LBs-- Vigil, Pratt, Littleton (Evans and another guy or 2)
alternate LBs--  Murray, Pratt, Littleton (Vigil and 1 or 2 other guys)

It really pisses me off to sit here and think of ways to improve this team in the short term, because they're too damn stubborn, stupid and/or unwilling to be proactive in anything. They'll sit back, not trade anyone and just use the top pick in every round to add guys and go from there. 

Anyway...have at it and let me know how legit any of this is, or what you would tweak, that seems realistic to you. 

I like the addition of Conklin.
I don't think the team keeps Glenn along with signing Conklin because of the financial impact.
I think by adding Conklin in FA and Kindley in the draft, the Bengals could get by with Miller at RG for another year.
The big drawback I see to this plan (or any other plan) though is that this OL is completely dependent on everyone remaining healthy, and we know that won't happen.
The Bengals OL has serious depth issues and it's been that way for a few years now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
How legit is this strategy? - rfaulk34 - 11-24-2019, 11:00 PM
RE: How legit is this strategy? - Au165 - 11-25-2019, 09:12 AM
RE: How legit is this strategy? - rfaulk34 - 11-25-2019, 03:32 PM
RE: How legit is this strategy? - Au165 - 11-25-2019, 04:01 PM
RE: How legit is this strategy? - rfaulk34 - 11-25-2019, 05:07 PM