Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we trust Zac Taylor with the first overall QB?
(12-01-2019, 07:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: As I've said in other threads....Dennard has been a missed piece on the edge. He is our surest tackler in the secondary, and has played very good in run support the prior two weeks. Pratt is playing better too.  We've also been thin up front. We're getting some subs back now, that keeps Dunlap, Hubbard, Lawson, and Atkins fresher. Ya think that's showed up any lately?  Also, players seem to be a bit more comfortable in the scheme. Webb is just outclassed in talent, and Vigil is hit or miss, but other positions have shored it up a bit.

I know it's cute to shit all over everything, but these are some indisputable facts that have led to better defensive play.....even at the edge. Archuletta hasn't done recent homework.

Dalton got good protection today. Contrary to what blind dumbass haters say, that's all it takes to get a good game out of him. When you give him time, he usually finds the open target, and finds it QUICKLY. The difference today was, he didn't seem to care if he turned it over, he just let it rip. I think it helped him to take a step back....and get a semblance of a run game and better blocking.

Dalton didn't seem to have the happy feet and rush throws too. He stood in the pocket and had good mechanics. The 3 games off definitely helped him gain some perspective.

The line did create a nice pocket today. The Jets tried, but got no pressure.

Note: Price was benched for MJ. Maybe MJ has improved from practice. I don't think we've seen him much. Price's pass blocking has been documented as terrible.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do we trust Zac Taylor with the first overall QB? - THE PISTONS - 12-01-2019, 08:38 PM