Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's broken with this team in the Redzone ?
(12-09-2019, 11:51 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The 2019 Cincinnati Bengals have a redzone success rate (this is TD's only) of 36.84% this is 31st in the NFL ! The average is around 57% with the really good teams over 60%. We score a TD less than 4 tries out of 10.

Is it just the play calling ? I mean don't the players on the field have some responsibility ?

Is it as simple as just the Oline sucks ? Is it just the QB ? Not running the ball enough ?

36% is bad, really bad ! I don't have all the stats as to how many times we've ran the ball, thrown the ball, penalties, incomplete passes, turnovers etc.

I do know we're averaging scoring 15.2 points a game for the 31st ranking in the league. And I'm quite sure our redzone woes are a big reason why.

As has been stated by many in many threads our season high score is 23 ! And we've only scored 20+ three times. The point I'm really getting at is our offense is awful, not a news flash I know. And in no way do I dispute our defense needs a lot of help as well.

But we have no chance, at all, with this level of offensive ineptness moving forward into next season. You can't win in the NFL scoring 15 points a game and being this awful in the redzone.

Simple,Andy Dalton.Just watch the film.This guy can’t compromise when a play breaks down.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's broken with this team in the Redzone ? - ezekiel23 - 12-09-2019, 09:17 PM