Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fred Johnson: The Dumpster Dives are in early.
When the Bengals signed Fred Johnson, it was thought to be a wise move. I loved it. Even Steelers bloggers/beat writers acknowledged that it was tough to see him leave Pittsburgh. His physical stature and reach are certainly that of a NFL lineman.

Fast forward to this Sunday. He's no longer a practice squad guard, but a starting LT for the Bengals. Hobspin is calling him the first move of the "offseason" in an episode of what's sure to be "Dumpster Diving With The Inbreds Part Deux".

I got no beef with Johnson as a player. This team needs all the help it can get up front. I just have to question their desire to improve the quality of play/player in that particular group when tossing out a practice squad guard as a starting LT is their idea of proactivity.

It's not about disliking the move. It's about the kind of narrative/activity that will likely follow. Zero significant outside FAs added to help the OL, which has sucked badly since 2015. Keeping the same coach/personnel intact minus Cordy and plus Jonah. Likely selecting a first overall quarterback and sticking him behind this collection of wayward castoffs in his rookie year. What's more, we get to watch another year of a filet mignon running back in Mixon running behind a Vienna sausage offensive line. Idiotic.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Fred Johnson: The Dumpster Dives are in early. - samhain - 12-28-2019, 12:46 AM
Fred Johnson - fredtoast - 01-08-2020, 04:36 PM
RE: Fred Johnson - masonbengals fan - 01-08-2020, 05:16 PM
RE: Fred Johnson - corpjet - 01-08-2020, 11:00 PM
RE: Fred Johnson - HarleyDog - 01-08-2020, 11:07 PM