Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State/Clemson Refs
(12-29-2019, 12:45 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I honestly think Ohio State got out-coached when all is said and done.

Refs botched some stuff.  Also didn't make some calls too.

Fields was pretty sloppy with his throws the whole game.

Dobbins getting injured early was a blow and his drops took points off the board earlier too.

The Buckeyes were in the driver's seat at the end of the game.

43 seconds left with 2 timeouts is by no means a state of panic.

Yet they stopped the hurry up offense and then proceeded to swing for the fences.

Not a fan of calling a timeout and then going for the whole enchilada first play after.

That was a bad call regardless of the WR switching route direction and slipping.

There was coverage by Clemson in the endzone.  It would have been a battle for the ball.

Just my two cents.  And congrats to Clemson for good job of hiding their blitzing.

(12-29-2019, 12:49 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I also want to add that the moving of Chase Young around on the line was effective but not realized until too late.

I surmise that he would have had a much better game(and perhaps previous ones)with more creative usage.

(12-29-2019, 12:55 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The catch that Clemson made which was ruled as such and then a recovered scoop and score TD was ridiculous.

The Ref was standing directly in front of it in real time and called it.

Instant replay only slowed it down and if anything made it obvious that he caught the ball.

Nothing in there to reverse it.

I would argue with anyone that had he made those same exact moves and went out of bounds that it would've been ruled a catch even if the field Ref called it an incomplete.

(12-29-2019, 01:01 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: They've always been touchy about targeting especially in bowl or major games.

It's not surprising that he got ejected even if Lawrence had lowered his stance.

The players are expected to tackle upright and lead with their eyes not the crown.

I honestly don't know why OSU was trying to block the kick when they would've not only had the stop but got the ball in great field position.

Somebody's ass should be chewed for that misfire.

All very excellent points and observations.  I still stand by my previous assertion that the Bucks should have put them away early, and held their foot on the gas for the rest of the night.  Had they converted those FG drives into TDs?  Clemson would have been reeling, and pushing for the "big play", the rest of the night, and questionable calls by the officials wouldn't have even been a factor.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Ohio State/Clemson Refs - cinci4life - 12-29-2019, 02:52 AM
RE: Ohio State/Clemson Refs - michaelsean - 12-29-2019, 05:36 AM
RE: Ohio State/Clemson Refs - BonnieBengal - 12-29-2019, 08:20 AM
RE: Ohio State/Clemson Refs - michaelsean - 12-29-2019, 12:21 PM
RE: Ohio State/Clemson Refs - cinci4life - 12-29-2019, 01:23 PM
RE: Ohio State/Clemson Refs - BonnieBengal - 12-29-2019, 04:19 PM
RE: Ohio State/Clemson Refs - cinci4life - 12-29-2019, 04:39 PM