Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moustakes, Miley, Aklyama Before New Years
(01-26-2020, 01:06 PM)kevin Wrote: I hope Reds Fans know Moustakes was one of the leaders in Fantasy Points and Reds landed one of best players in baseball.  He is starting every day.  Forget fan favorites, you don't bring in a guy like this to ride the bench.    Suarez is at Third Base and that doesn't change.  Votto still here at First Base.   So where does the power hitting Moustakes play ?   He played some Second Base last season, and that position is wide open.   Just figure an infield of Votto, Moustakes, Suarez and Galvis at Short.

Again, Moustakes has power numbers like Suarez.  You want both in the line-up.  Then hope Aquino puts up August power numbers.  Then hope Votto puts up numbers like he use to, or at least uses his lifetime on base % to walk across the plate when Suarez, Moustakes and Aquino launch RBI's.

The big signing is Moustakes.  He put up HUGE numbers in 2019.  You get him in the line-up if you have to sit Votto, but since that isn't happening, Second Base.

IF Votto has a comeback player year,  the combo of Votto, Moustakes, Suarez could be the best power hitting infield in baseball. Add in Galvis for extra bonus points.
Wait! You mean the biggest FA signing in team history isn't going to just be a fill-in player when the score is lopsided and the Reds losing 18-0 in the 9th inning? He'd be a pretty darn good utility player, but if they use him that way Bell will have his head on a pike before the ASG.. Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moustakes, Miley, Aklyama Before New Years - grampahol - 01-26-2020, 01:14 PM