Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Prediction: AJ Green Will be Back
(01-01-2020, 11:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Somebody posted Sporttrac had AJs estimated value at around $9M/per.  If you don't think that the Bengals would be doing him a huge favor, by offering him 3 years at $12/per, then I might suggest that you might be out of touch with reality. 

I wouldn't put too much stock into Sporttrac. I saw that number referenced too and it doesn't seem even close to accurate.

Yeah, AJ won't get Julio money (22 mil per) but he'll definitely get more than 9. And don't underestimate how quick we are to reward(overpay) some of our own.

Just to put that 9 mil into perspective, look at these names and dollars...

Tyrell Williams - 11.1
Sterling Shepard - 10.25
Davante Parker - 10.16
Devin Funchess - 10
Jamison Crowder - 10
Quincy Enunwa - 9.5
Desean Jackson - 9
Adam Humphries - 9

Allen Robinson was coming off an entire missed year, after only posting 800 yards the year prior. He had one good season in his career, three years prior to his deal... He's making 14 mil per.

Sammy Watkins has never played a full season. Ever. Only has 1 career 1000 yard year (1047). Has averaged around 700 yards a year... He's making 16 mil per.

Alshon Jeffrey hasn't posted a 1000 season in 5 years. Has missed time in 5 out of 8 years. Only two 1000 season in 8 years. Only 10+ TDs once, and it was 6 years ago.  Hes making 13 mil per...

Theres no way that 9 mil estimate is accurate. And its not going to look at 3 years @ 12 per as a favor. Thats probably an insult at this point.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prediction: AJ Green Will be Back - Wes Mantooth - 01-01-2020, 11:52 PM