Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Not just a new year, but a new decade
(01-03-2020, 07:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Usually look back over the last year on Jan first, but this time I have looked back over the last decade.

From '00 to '09 I pretty much had one job and lived in one house.  From '10 through '19 I lived in three different cities and worked in three different locations.

My oldest child started school in '10.  She skipped a grade and is now a Junior making plans for college.

I owned three different cars over the last decade.  One for only a couple of years which is very rare for me.

I got divorced.

Pretty boring shit.  Anyone else have more dramatic changes over the last decade?

My grandson basically went from a first grade dropout to class valedictorian and already has several scholarship offers.. and the goofy looking kid has the prettiest GF in the state..(My opinion) .. 
Anyway, this is no longer a new decade. It became a used decade January 2nd..  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not just a new year, but a new decade - grampahol - 01-14-2020, 02:48 PM