Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill Says "Now Or Never" For The Team
This kid continues to impress me more and more. He's taking the "Now or Never" mentality into the season, even though it's only his second year:

Quote:Bengals second-year running back Jeremy Hill has only been there for the most recent playoff loss, but Hill is still taking a "now or never" attitude heading into the season. On Monday, Hill told ESPN's Coley Harvey that changes are needed in Cincinnati this season.

"It's been four years in a row and if it doesn't happen this year then it's probably never going to happen," Hill said. "That's the mentality and the sense of urgency that we bring in every day. Something has to change."

To me, that's just him saying that he knows that the team has the talent and he just wants them to have a sense of urgency to put it on the field so they can win as many rings as possible.

What spoke to me most about this article was how he then says that they need to get it done for the city, the team, Mike, and Marvin and the other coaches:

Quote:Hill called the lack of playoff success a "burden."

"For me, it's just a burden that we really need to get lifted from this city, from this team, from this ownership, from this coaching staff and for coach [Marvin] Lewis," Hill said. "It's something that everyone in this locker room really wants to do and it's just about us going out there and doing it. We can talk about it every day. We can say this and say that, but at the end of the day, we've just got to go out there and get it done."

As Hill put it, it's "now or never" for the Bengals this season.

That speaks volumes to him wanting to get the job done for EVERYONE BUT HIMSELF and says that he's going to come in and just be one of the top backs in the league and carry this team to victory. I always say that we would have won the playoff game if he hadn't gotten hurt, and this makes me believe that we'll have a deep playoff run coming this season.

By saying all this, he's taking a leadership role and saying "let's go get it done," which he'll be a top 5 (if not top 3) back in the league this year, and I don't know too many other running backs, especially ones that young, that take on that kind of leadership role.

Sounds amazing that there were "character concerns" with this kid coming out of college and then he throws out comments like that!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Jeremy Hill Says "Now Or Never" For The Team - BFritz21 - 05-18-2015, 07:19 PM