Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf's Post-Combine Mock Draft
(03-10-2020, 03:30 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I have risen from the ashes, it's been so long since I've posted on these boards. Hope you're all doing well.

Anyway. Mock Draft time:

Round 1: Joe Burrow, QB
Joe Burrow is the future. He's an extremely accurate passer who puts the balls in spots his guy can make a play. His placement is top notch and he plays with great anticipation. An underrated trait is that he throws the ball in s pot where it leads the receiver to gain more yardage. Joe Burrow has amazing pocket awareness and keeps his eyes down the field. Joe Burrow does SO many things extremely well when it comes to being a quarterback. His biggest knock is not having elite arm strength, but that's play because literally everything else he does makes up for it. There's going to be question marks if this is just a one year wonder, but he had arguably the greatest season for a quarterback. The tape he's put out is astounding this year and he's battled week in and week out. Heck, even last year to end the season he went 6 games without throwing an interception. There's a lot to like about Burrow's tape.

Round 2: Patrick Queen, LB
I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals went offense here, but with so many wide receivers showing off at the combine and the NFL going more offensive, Queen may slip through the cracks. If he does, Bengals will jump all over him. He's a sideline to sideline linebacker who can diagnose plays quickly and get to the ball. Because of his speed and recognition, he can hit the gap before a blocker can get there. He does struggle to get off of blocks and has shown he will wait for blockers to come to him, but that can be improved with over time due to him being a one year starter. Queen could be the face of the Bengals defense for years to come.

Round 3: Isaiah Wilson, OT
There are some concerns at the offensive line unit, and that includes health questions. Isaiah Wilson is a huge boom-bust player. Wilson has shown flashes where he straight up mauls opponents and attacks with ferocity. He can uproot the opponent with ease and essentially take over that play. His size, speed, and strength are all on the elite side. However, his technique leaves much to be desired. He can sometimes get off balanced, and while he does have quick feet, that won't save him in the NFL when it comes to recovering. Wilson has the tools to be very good in the NFL, it's up to the coaching staff to get him there.

Round 4: Thaddeus Moss, TE
The Bengals wait until round 4 to give Burrow a new toy, but it's one he's familiar with. Moss has some incredible hands and won some heavily contested passes. He will have to work on his footwork speed going in and out of routes, but Moss showed he's powerful and can win one on one. He does alright as a blocker as well, his hand placement isn't great but if he does it right, he is a good blocker. There's room for Moss to grow and he could end up being the Bengals #1 TE as time goes on. He's a dependable catcher who will see throws go his way on 3rd down and red zone trips.

Round 5: Bryan Edwards, WR
This is a hopeful pick, but hey it's the draft, players slip. Edwards is a poor man's AJ Green. He is less athletic and needs to work on his route running, but he certainly has the production you want out of a bigger receiver. He can keep his hands down and the suddenly pop them up to make a catch, making it harder for defenders to know when the ball is coming. Edwards is also a very physical player and can beat you to the ball. He needs to polish some aspects of his game, but he can contribute early on.

Round 6: Trey Adams, OT
Now I've seen Adams mocked to go in round 3, I've seen him fall to 6. Assuming he's here, the Bengals absolutely need to take a chance on this guy. The Bengals took Wilson who lacks technique, meanwhile Trey Adams has amazing technique. Adams is always balanced and quickly where he needs to be, even when pulling. He can move well and attack with his hands. There are durability questions and some may even want to move him inside. If Adams can remain healthy, he may end up being a wild card to be a starter.

Round 7: Sage Lewis, LB
Quick linebacker who can go sideline to sideline. Fast hips and can change direction. Didn't go against top end talent sadly, but I think he is someone the Bengals could/should give a chance in the 7th round.

Welcome back

I could live with it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wolf's Post-Combine Mock Draft - bengalfan74 - 03-12-2020, 09:13 PM