Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer's thoughts on Bengals pick, playing #1 overall QB's
(01-09-2020, 08:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Antiquated approach. It’s just not how it’s done anymore. It was basically a different era when most of those guys came into the league.

And here I think this approach is more important than ever seeing as how most QBs these days aren't starters for at least 3 years in college anymore when you're looking at first round QBs. There's guys coming into the NFL with just 1 year as a starter in college. That 1 year of sitting in the NFL could do wonders.

Joe Burrow is obviously the pick, but it does worry me that he was only the starter for 2 years, and only good for 1 of those 2 years. I think sitting a year behind a good vet would greatly enhance his chances of NFL success. Doubly so considering it'd give the Bengals an extra year to un-F their OL since we pretty much can all assume they aren't going to do it in FA this offseason.

I don't want Burrow playing behind Jonah Williams, Billy Price, Tre Hopkins, Michael Jordan, Bobby Hart.... and I don't want Burrow playing in Zac Taylor's awful offense. Hopefully in another year neither of those will be a thing to worry about.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Palmer's thoughts on Bengals pick, playing #1 overall QB's - TheLeonardLeap - 01-09-2020, 08:53 PM