Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report - Zac Taylor has already been in contact with the Burrow family.
(01-12-2020, 12:37 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm discussing a draft prospect you brought up 2018 I explained the difference between 2018 LSU and 2019 LSU. This has nothing to do with Zac Taylor and the Bengals offense.

What about Burrows play on the field has you concerned about the pick? 

Everything, he has 1 year of great tape and one year of being mediocre and having every single guy who gets paid lots of money to evaluate these kids call a 4th round prospect.

If he was a 2nd or early 3rd rounder and shot up a little that would be less of a concern. But he is a 23 year old one year wonder and that is a huge gamble for a team that sucks in FA and has shot themselves in the foot so many times with the gamble on the trendy pick or picking for need. (See Ross and Ced and etc)

I get it, he looks great this year, but the huge jump in numbers just worries me a ton. Look at him in 2018, his mechanics everything (I understand if was a different offense) but he was not good in 2018, certainly not #1 pick worthy.

They change the offense, and he goes off, and yes his numbers this year are worthy of #1 but it is a 50/50 shot at what he looks like in the NFL.

50% he comes in, the team says this is the offense we have, run it. And he looks like 2018 and we pick #1 again.

50% he comes in, the team makes the correct adjustments to the offense to suit his skill set and he balls out.

Do you really want to go 50/50 on the #1 pick with these coaches, and this scouting department and this front office? 

Burrow may be great but Burrow plus this franchise in it's current state is just a disaster waiting to happen.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report - Zac Taylor has already been in contact with the Burrow family. - Murdock2420 - 01-12-2020, 02:22 AM