Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A different position to look for in the draft.
With RPO and Spread offenses becoming a bigger part of the NFL Saban/Belichick's STAR defensive back is becoming a bigger part in NFL defenses.

The STAR is a Linebacker/Defensive Back hybrid it can be played by a linebacker safety or corner its essentially a SAM linebacker that can do it all. The Bengals used one quite a bit during the season with Brandon Wilson, Clayton Fejedelem, Darqueze Dennard, and have signed Tony Brown that played that position at Alabama. I figured I'd list a few guys in the draft they could look at to fill that role.

Even though they dont have a shot at him Isaiah Simmons is the exact model for the STAR he can line up over TE Slot Linebacker in the box or Safety playing overhang. He can do it all...but like I said no shot.

Troy Dye I believe could fill the role. He can cover is fast and quick enough to play overhang and has lots of experience as a LB.

Syhiem Carter plays the STAR for Alabama. Carter is more of the corner that plays this position. He is physical in coverage and can tackle.

Tanner Muse is the SS for Clemson but is a little stiff to play cover 2 in the NFL but he has the size and speed to be a STAR.

Kyle Dugger is a SS in Div 2. He has the size and all the athleticism you want to play in the NFL but he is very raw as a player. He already has listed workout numbers because of a magazine article. He's 6'2 217 4.41 40, 40 inch vert ,11 foot broad, 6.7 3cone, and 20 reps of 225. Dugger will be at the Senior Bowl.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
A different position to look for in the draft. - Synric - 01-11-2020, 04:52 PM