Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A different position to look for in the draft.
(01-15-2020, 01:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: Every year we hear about how the hybrid LB/safety is about to take over the NFL, but yet here we are and they still haven't. This has been going on for almost a decade now at this point . I actually am going to take the counter point, I think teams are about to shift back to run heavy offenses with bigger personnel to counter the shift to smaller front 7 players. Look at San Fran and Tennessee, two teams who have gone counter culture with QB's who aren't elite (TEN more than SF) and they are going big and running over smaller defenses. Baltimore is doing this is a slightly different way but TEN countered by stacking the box with bigger personnel and making Lamar throw outside against tight man coverage. Heck, this was the model when Dallas brought Dak into the league. When you realize it's easier to build that offense then to find elite QB's I think we will see more teams jump on board due to their success.

If you happen into one of those guys as a utility piece it's never a bad thing but Simmons can simply be elite at multiple positions so he is a bit of an outlier. I just wouldn't go hunting down this specific player because I don't think going forward it's going to be that important.

I mentioned it because it was a position the Bengals used quite a bit under Lou Anarumo with Dennard Wilson and Fej.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A different position to look for in the draft. - Synric - 01-15-2020, 03:11 PM