Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agency Optics after we draft Burrow
(01-14-2020, 01:48 PM)Okeana Wrote: I kind of expect they will.  If I were their front office I wouldn't like him to risk anything at senior Bowl, Pro Day, or Combine.  Just get him signed and into the playbooks.  I, however, don't know the rules put in place that may prevent this from happening.  I know the NFL wants them not to do this because they want to pump up their draft view numbers and make it more suspenseful.

I would have him come to Senior Bowl practices (mainly just to talk with him) but avoid the Combine and Pro Day. There is nothing he has to show from a drill perspective that will benefit his draft stock.

I realize that if they just plan on talking with him and he doesn't do drills, the Bengals can talk to him instead at the Combine or Pro Day. However, Senior Bowl is the soonest opportunity to do so and it would help solidify their offseason personnel strategy the sooner they can talk with him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free Agency Optics after we draft Burrow - ochocincos - 01-14-2020, 01:56 PM