Poll: Would you trade Burrow for 5+ years of Belichick
Yes, give me Billy B running the show
No, I'll take the elite QB
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Would You Trade Burrow for Belichick?
Please, please, PLEASE read this before voting or sounding off. I welcome all opinions and participation, but let me clarify a few things first.

1.) Yes, I know this is a completely hypothetical scenario, with zero chance of ever happening. I'm not sure that prevents it from being an interesting topic or debate though.

The crux of the debate is simple enough; Which do you value more: The best QB talent to come out in the last 10 years vs. the best coach/GM of this era, and arguably the best of all-time?

2.) This scenario plays out as equal timelines... Belichick comes signed, sealed and delivered on a 5 year deal, equal to the 4+1 deal 1st rounders see.

3.) Belichick assumes the exact same role here as he has had there. This technically is as Head Coach and Director of Football Operations. What this essentially translates to is he is the GM for all intents and purposes. Outside of contract specifics, he's in charge of everything football related...the players, the staff, the draft, free agency, trades. This does not mean he makes every single decision and doesn't allow for input. It just means he's essentially signs off on it, and he controls those underneath him.

4.) The Brown family retains ownership and controls all operations outside of the team. Sales, marketing, lease agreements, community relationships, etc.

So I hope I've explained this well enough without making it too boring. And if you think it's a stupid debate just for the fact it will never happen, that's cool. I can dig it. All I ask is that you simply move to another thread rather than pollute this one with complaints about the obvious (It won't happen)

I personally think it could be interesting to see how people vote. The most exciting pick we've had in almost 20 years, at the most important position vs. one of the greatest team builders and coaches in all of sports...

So JN, whatcha got, and why???
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Would You Trade Burrow for Belichick? - Wes Mantooth - 01-15-2020, 03:55 PM