Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joel Klatt on Burrow: 'He's Joe Montana'
(01-16-2020, 06:47 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I had to stop watching, early on I might add, when Cowherd knocked Ohio State for scheduling Cincinnati.

His quote, paraphrased: "You know why Ohio State fans, that Clemson got seeded higher than you? Because they got on the phone and scheduled Texas. You scheduled Cincinnati. "

Well, guess what?

2019 Final Rankings

Cincinnati - 21 AP, 21 Coaches
Texas - 25 AP, NR Coaches

This m'fer spews more bs and misinformation than anyone. He consistantly just spits out verbal diarhea based only on his perception. I can't stand this guy.  Rant

PS UC was ranked last season as well and returned almost everyone. It's not like this season was unexpected or they were Little Sisters of the Poor going into that game. Not to mention that game has been part of a much bigger picture scheduling wise. It's been in the works for years, pushed back, rescheduled and has ties to the home and home agreement just played in basketball. It wasn't a one-off and UC is HUGE step-up from what some of these other big schools schedule.

Ohio State was seeded higher than Clemson, though.  And Clemson didn't play Texas.  LSU did.

Rankings aside, Texas was 2-3 against Top 25 teams, while UC was 1-3.  Texas also played 2 of the CFP teams, while UC played 1.  Texas blew out #11 Utah in the Alamo Bowl, 38-10.  Texas is in a Power 5 conference, while UC is not. LSU also traveled to Texas, while OSU played UC at home.  

When you schedule in state opponents from non Power 5 conference, the national media is going to scoff at it because you have such a big recruiting advantage in state due to being in a Power 5 conference and there being a shot at a national title.

At the end of the day, the best team won.  You can't say a team didn't deserve to be #1 when they win it all in convincing fashion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joel Klatt on Burrow: 'He's Joe Montana' - Whatever - 01-16-2020, 10:21 PM