Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow the Lebron James of Cincy
(01-17-2020, 01:25 PM)J24 Wrote: You must have missed game 5 of the 2010 Celtics series or the whole 2011 Finals. LeBron's the greatest but he has had bad games before. Anyways Simmons is closer to Bron than Doncic( he doesn't do what LeBron's does as a defensive player).

Back to comparing Burrow to Lebron.  Burrow being a hometown kid gives him a chance to have a social  impact like Lebron did in Cleveland.

5 games out of...how many? Of course those games "mattered" so they' should be weighted more, but if you can't find any more examples, he's played "well" in 99.5% of his games then - lol. The funny part is being bad is subjective, if you look at his stats - bet it's "good" for almost every other player but bad for him.

Doncic is definitely closer to LeBron, Ben will never have a 3 pointer. Look up the stat for the amount of 2 pointers Simmons has ATTEMPTED outside of the paint. You will laugh. The baby Lebron comparison ended 2 years ago with him. I agree Doncic is lacking any real defense right now.

LBJ is probably the most consistent sports athlete alive and is beginning to wane 18 years into his career. Consistency + longevity = all time great.

Lebron's first professional game: 25 points, six rebounds, nine assists, four steals.

If we want to compare what Burrow will need to do his first game, that's probably no picks, no sacks, 3TD passes, 300 yards passing, and 50 yards rushing. Who will he pass to when AJ's toenail didn't grow back yet? Lol

One comparison is clear, Burrow will have to pull a bunch of crappy (Bengals) players and organization to the Superbowl with him.

I can imagine the social impact isn't as great. Cleveland is probably more impoverished than Cincy, and LeBron is a minority. The social impact for a white male is not as much. The way lebron broke kid's hearts when he left is not the same of breaking kid's hearts if burrow left. Poor black kids looked up to LeBron, seeing him leave crushed them in a way that couldn't be fixed with another PBJ sandwich or video game.

In anothre way I can agree wiht you, if he rescues Cincy by giving them a single ring, I would compare him to LeBron in that manner but I will (probably) never say he's even close to Lebron. You have to be careful with that comparison. It's LBJ, Tom Brady, Tiger Woods league - these are not once in a generation but once a century players. We knew LBj and Tiger were going to kill everyone. He is more like Tom (of course they play the same sport!) in that way then, and in what he'd have to accomplish to get into that higher category. Of course we know Tom's back story which is probably his driving motivator. Burrow will be #1. He needs to make 9 superbowls, I think it's much harder to will a team to win in NFL than in NBA.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow the Lebron James of Cincy - reuben.ahmed - 01-17-2020, 01:41 PM