Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off-season plan to setup this specific draft
I would say your scenario is very unrealistic, but it's certainly not undesirable.

Here's my main issues:

1. If we re-sign Vigil, we still have Pratt who showed significant improvement over the last part of the season. We play only 2 LBs a vast majority of the time. So, given that, why would we go out and bring in that many guys at the position?

2. I wouldn't touch Pierre-Lewis with any sort of decent money. You can't roll the dice on a guy with issues. If it doesn't pan out, then you'll keep hearing about how we can't spend money on free agents because it never works out.

3. If we signed a legit starter in free agency, I wouldn't want to waste a first or second day pick on a linebacker that wouldn't see the field very often.

4. This team has limited resources in their own eyes. Spending that on linebackers would take away from another spot.

5. The guy that I think best fits what we need (Dye) probably won't last until the 4th round.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Off-season plan to setup this specific draft - Hammerstripes - 01-20-2020, 04:26 PM