Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals hire Steve Jackson as new CB's coach
(01-20-2020, 05:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The bold is EXACTLY what I have been preaching.

Kevin Byard, LaRon Landry as well.

Michael Griffin put up great numbers in Tennessee too.

Yeah, because the safeties on these teams are the sole cause for poor pass yardage, right?

Stop it; why is everyone hoping for the sexy pick? Like what was written above, we have no clue how these moves will impact our teams, so denouncing them at this point, is simply talking out of your ass, period.

Last year, everyone was up in arms because, "we got a bunch of coaches that are terrible and have no experience." We just hired a former 2 time (for 7 years or was it more?) college HEAD Coach and someone who has been coaching in the NFL since 2001.

Just ride it out and see how things go.
I think one aspect that everyone is overlooking is when the team eventually has success with Burrow, the coaches that everyone expects us to hire will eventually come as well. That bridge has to be built first. It took Marvin a decade to do that. It takes more than a #1 pick to make a team an attractive destination and as of now, we're a 2-14 team with a head coach that no one is really sold on and the defense has been at the bottom for 3 consecutive years. I don't expect the top hires at certain positions. With that said, I think we came out slightly better this time around with Golden and now Jackson. As everyone keeps preaching; If they don't change their FA philosophy, will coaching really matter that much? 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals hire Steve Jackson as new CB's coach - Whodey614 - 01-20-2020, 06:40 PM