Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Ready For AJ & Dalton No Longer Bengals ?
(01-26-2020, 05:40 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: But ole Mikey will have to spend all the cap space this year because they are going to have a new cba next year. I expect them to give AJ a blank check to keep him around. 60 million mot including cuts and trades?? 3-4 years 40 million. Watch it could get real dumb

Definitely seems like Mike to keep around an aging/injury prone player to fill out the cap over bringing in a younger free agent.

(01-27-2020, 12:30 PM)Synric Wrote: I get the injury thing but honeslty AJ's injuries dont scare me. In 2018 he had a toe sprain and in 2019 he had an ankle sprain.

Yea he didn't play in 2019 but it was likely a holdout since he was done with rehab the day after the last game. I know everyone is upset about that but the Bengals were out of any post season chance early and AJ didnt want a late season injury in his contract year. He likely only gets one more contract so hes gotta do what's best for his family.

Whatever the injuries were, they've been serious enough for AJ to miss 29 games in the last 4 years.

Heaven forbid we tag him for $18.4 million and he stubs a toe again. We honestly have no idea if AJ was holding out last year. That's hopeful speculation, IMO. Even if he was, there was a real injury (ankle surgery + lingering toe problem) last year, as well as previous injuries that caused him to miss roughly half of the 2016 and 2018 seasons.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are You Ready For AJ & Dalton No Longer Bengals ? - Shake n Blake - 01-27-2020, 03:21 PM