Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke Tobin on why the Bengals didn't trade veteran players
(01-28-2020, 03:33 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Exactly.

The part they messed up was the talent, if not replace Whit, but to grow into it at least.  The same with Zeitler.

They massively whiffed on all of those drafted and like you said those directly responsible are no longer with the team.

I have to believe that Alexander left a massive mess here by his lack of judgment.

If there's one thing positive that I can say about the front office is I don't blame them for not overpaying Zeitler,  and Whitworth is an anomaly if you say otherwise... you're a damn liar.

After the whole debacle though...  I've come to the conclusion that if a lineman going forward is worth a damn they should overpay and squeeze every last drop of talent out of them.

They're not very good at drafting lately and they'll have to severely overpay in external Free Agency.

That is even if the FA wants to come here.

You are assuming it was Alexander fault that the Bengals made those draft picks. I wasn't in the draft room and I'm pretty sure you weren't either. Without being in those draft rooms we don't know how things played out. For all we know, those could be Tobin picks and not the coaches pick. 

The other thing I have noticed with this Bengal team; it seems like the team is able to find quality players after coaching the senior bowl. All other years the Bengals whiff at picking talent. 

The Bengals don't have a solid scouting staff and that is the problem. The reason why the Bengals can draft quality players after the senior bowl, they get extra time with the players and they get to the players actually playing and how they handle coaching. 

I believe that the Bengals success starts with quality coaching and quality scouting. Both can help improve the team by being able to coach players to perform to a higher level and the ability to find talent that fits the scheme that the offense or defense uses. 

I haven't trusted the scouting since I became a fan and for the coaching; I find them all to inexperience and that may hinder them down the road such as not truly being able to improve the plays on the field. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duke Tobin on why the Bengals didn't trade veteran players - MEBengalsFan - 01-29-2020, 01:44 PM