Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor Sat 2:30 NFL Network Senior Bowl
Yes, we get to see some college players that will be in the draft. Drafting 1st also in round 2 and 3 and on, I'm expecting a lot more than Burrow in 1. We could use a very talented Blocker and a very talented 4-3 Linebacker, not a tweener type edge rusher but a solid 4-3 linebacker. People on this site have told me Dye in this game fits that need. I want to see the Auburn blocker, the big offensive tackle Prince Wanogho. If he dominated in the tough SEC, that is a good sign. Maybe Alabama Williams and Auburn Wanogho would make good bookend blocking tackles to seal off the outsides of the O Line at least. Just as long as we get a top blocker and a top 4-3 linebacker with 1st picks in 2 and 3, because we should get great talent at these huge weaknesses of Bengals.

We also get to see Zac and to say the team didn't look good under him his first year is impossible to argue. Worst record in NFL and worst record in Bengals History. So lets see how Zac looks coaching this Senior Bowl also. If he doesn't score any points and his D gets lit up, that's just more losing football. The teams should be evenly matched in Senior college talent for Zac to have no built in excuses as he did taking over awful 2018 Bengals into 2019.

So a good chance to see maybe some future Bengals, but a good chance to see Zac Taylor a little more and these Bengals coaches.

I hope the announcers cover some of the game play by play. Often in these college all-star games the announcers are bad with too many side stories and sideline interviews. Often they don't cover it like a normal college or NFL game. Also this talk that the practices mean more to the scouts than the game is kind of silly. I want to see who Blocks and who Tackles in this game. The Bengals have players that we hear are great in practice, it just doesn't show up in the games. So hopefully NFL Network can put aside some of the side story junk and cover the play by play of this game. We need a blocker and a 4-3 LB, so I would like to see who stands out in the game in these areas. Not an edge rusher, but a LB making plays off the line, sideline to sideline as a Bergey or LeClair or Reggie Williams use to. Even if Jonah Wiiliams plays in 2020, we are still weak at the other tackle spot. Losing Whitworth, Ogbuehi & Fisher were bad draft picks, Glenn was a high priced bust, the team even tried to bring back Andre Smith who looked awful so the Offensive Tackles are a Disaster Area on this team. We need a good draft pick OT. Give Joe Heisman we are drafting some pass protection on the outside.

So Burrow, an OT and a 4-3 LB. There are other needs the 1st pick in 4 and 5 also. Bengals not limited to the Senior Bowl, but there is good talent at our weak areas in this game. 4 & 5, I have to think a need for a WR or TE and maybe a DB for more depth in talent. We can fill weak areas and still take one of the best available athletes all through draft picking 1st each round.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Zac Taylor Sat 2:30 NFL Network Senior Bowl - kevin - 01-24-2020, 11:33 AM