Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suarez Shoulder Surgery
(01-29-2020, 10:09 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: According to this article it does sound like Moose is the Suárez replacement and Senzel is the backup 2B. So, if Suarez misses anytime, we’d probably see an outfield of Winker, Shogo and Castellanos. Another little tidbit, Bell sees Castellanos as Votto’s backup and Bell/Krall are planning on Galvis being the starting SS because they didn’t see anyone in FA or trade market as a better option.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/nick-castellanos-signing-with-reds-faqs

The trade market is always in flux as seasons progress up to the trading deadline so it ain't over till it's over. I don't necessarily base all my thoughts on one article since those articles are often dead wrong not to mention managers often change their minds during the season and there's still ST where some will rise to the top while others don't. Remember last year in ST Schebler allegedly beat out Senzel and was hitting well in ST, but once the season got under way it went in the opposite direction and did it for the entire team for awhile. Did anyone really think Schebler would spend nearly the entire season in AAA? I certainly didn't and almost nobody expected Aquino to come on and be the only story in baseball for a few weeks. (ALMOST is being generous to say the least) The point being...things DO change and they often change a lot faster than anyone expects.
Think about where they were at opening day last year compared to the end of the season. The OF was a mess. The only reliable outfielder was from the Dodgers and he was history by the time August rolled around. Aquino was on nobodies radar and neither was Ervin nor VanMeter for that matter. Starting pitching heading into the season was supposed to be a huge weakness and the bullpen a strength. Most of us just KNEW Trammel was going to be our AS outfielder and Senzel our greatest 2nd baseman since Brandon Phillips..
For all we really know this team will look entirely different by the time the ASG rolls around. I suspect it'll look significantly different.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Suarez Shoulder Surgery - Yojimbo - 01-28-2020, 09:23 PM
RE: Suarez Shoulder Surgery - bengalfan74 - 01-28-2020, 10:16 PM
RE: Suarez Shoulder Surgery - fredtoast - 01-28-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: Suarez Shoulder Surgery - grampahol - 01-29-2020, 03:28 AM
RE: Suarez Shoulder Surgery - Yojimbo - 01-29-2020, 09:36 AM
RE: Suarez Shoulder Surgery - kevin - 01-29-2020, 11:38 AM
RE: Suarez Shoulder Surgery - fredtoast - 01-29-2020, 04:24 PM
RE: Suarez Shoulder Surgery - kevin - 01-31-2020, 03:59 AM
RE: Suarez Shoulder Surgery - fredtoast - 01-31-2020, 02:41 PM