Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre Combine Full Offseason Mock
(02-04-2020, 12:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sure, but you didn't account for the rookie contracts in your math which is an oversight. Last year the pool for 1st overall was about $9.4 million so figure roughly $10 million this year for us. Then, as much as everyone hates the "Hobson Math" there are certain things you have to account for one being any additional guys you add to cover guys who go to IR as you still have to pay the IR guys so you need a couple million around for those guys. 

Overall, I'd say you probably spent about $20-25 Million too much in your scenario and that is setting aside the issues with spending all of your money on long term contracts in a single season with a large amount of re-signings next year (with a potential Mixon re-sign this off season). One thing to consider though is there is a rumor of a new CBA that could actually be signed before the FA period. If that is the case we could be in a whole new weird world and that could come with it's own pot holes to navigate.

Carl Lawson could he a guy they try to lockdown this offseason too. I get injury concerns but if they look past that it could actually be in Cincy's favor keeping the price tag low.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Pre Combine Full Offseason Mock - Okeana - 02-03-2020, 02:37 PM
RE: Pre Combine Full Offseason Mock - Synric - 02-04-2020, 04:10 PM