Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Reds hang with the Dodgers?
(02-18-2020, 11:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Sweet ! I remember a few catches like that at 2b and especially 3b. More self defense than anything else lol. We had a giant yard/field we played in out in front of an apartment complex. It even had a bit of fence covering part of LF and all of CF. Those were the days. You never or very rarely see kids out playing like that now. 

Most kids never get a $500 weekly allowance to buy gloves and bats and balls ..forget being allowed to go outside without Mommy making sure they're not guarded 100% of the time and never allowed to just get in a fight over anything without the cops getting involved.. I don't think a cop was ever involved in a fight when we were kids and if they were they were there to watch the fun.. In todays world my mom would be an overnight internet pariah using her maple switch on my sister's behind.. LOL I was the fink who ratted my sister out after she all but poisoned me with a dish soap milkshake the day before.. Some things are worth being the snitch over..some things are not. ThumbsUp
That was the proudest moment of my life, making sure my squeeky clean sister got spanked at least once in her entire life and it was a doozy! My mom, a maple switch and a mile to go to get home.. You just can't buy that kind of fun at any price.. Hilarious Heck, that day was worth even interrupting our baseball game over. Shocked  That was worth every spanking I ever got in my entire life and I was never far away from moms switch..In fact the entire neighboods moms had switches with my name on them I think..

In the meantime I still secretly want the Dodgers plane to crash killing all on board, but we can't have everything I guess.. (That was my secret wish back when the Reds and Dodgers were both in the western division.)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Reds hang with the Dodgers? - grampahol - 02-20-2020, 02:00 PM