Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we trade up into the 1st for Queen or another linebacker?
(02-19-2020, 04:03 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Smh lol most teams run two linebacker sets majority of the game so being ranked 62 is horrible.  Kwon Alexander missed a lot of the season and is also light years better than vigil with also a much higher ceiling.  Also would you take vigil over raquon smith?  What about over Devin white? If not ask yourself why... And I’d still take Alec ogletree all day over vigil.... Alec would be a much better option coming off the bench imo but that’s also where both belong..... especially vigil.  They are back ups at best.  No more vigil talk he’s garbage and hurts this team week in and week out starting on our defense.  There is a reason why linebacker again even with vigil on the roster is one of our biggest needs.  It’s cuz vigil is Garbage.

You are trying to read way too much into what you think I am saying rather than actually focusing on what I said.
By no means did I say I'd prefer Vigil over Roquan Smith or Devin White. Both have more potential than Vigil and Smith played well in 2018.
And Ogletree has more proven success than Vigil in his career. As has Alexander.
Regardless of all that, they were all still rated lower in 2019.
That's all I said.
It's your fault for making the assumption that I was saying Vigil is better than those guys.

As for the two LB thing, there would still be 64 starting LBs if every team only ran 2 LBs. So, by definition, he performed well enough to be considered a starter.
Did I say he was a good starter? Nope.
Did I say there was room for improvement? Yes.
Did I say the Bengals shouldn't address LB and just go with Vigil? NOPE.

You always respond in such a way where just because someone refutes your point, you take it as they are completely in support of an opposite stance. And that's not true. You need to learn to see things more objectively.

If there was any starting LB who was hurting the team, it was Preston Brown, who was worse than Vigil.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should we trade up into the 1st for Queen or another linebacker? - ochocincos - 02-19-2020, 04:18 PM