Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we trade up into the 1st for Queen or another linebacker?
(02-10-2020, 05:13 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Would you be happy trading up for Murray over Queen? I want to see us get our guy at linebacker if possible. And obviously want that guy to pan out. Otherwise we grab a mid round guy and put it off to next year again.

If you combine bringing in Burrow and our first round LT from last year with an FA LB like Littleton and a bottom of the 1st linebacker, i feel like its a good start. Draft a promising G/T with the pick we get for Dalton, as well as a cb and a good defensive line prospect in the 3rd/4th and suddenly we are a lot better—provided we resign AJ and Dennard and Eifert and a few other pending FAs.

This pretty much in a nutshell.  What would be awesome is getting that one FA (If I could pick just one outside of our guys that need re-signed, I would have to say Thuney.  RG for the next 6-8 years.  Best in the league...and you all know how much I would love to see Whit at LG, but I would do Thuney if I could just get one) and having that spot filled heading in to the draft.  That opens up so much for the Bengals.

Now the Bengals could focus on their next most glaring weakness:  LB.  They need at least one more high-caliber starter to go with Vigil and Pratt.  If a SS they really like is there in the top of Rd 2, they can take him without having to worry about two huge positions of need pushing further down the draft.  If a top-notch WR is there at the top of Rd 2, ditto.

They just need to acknowledge that several massive whiffs in the draft and pony up for one key FA.  One.  That is all I'm asking.  Sure, they could also sign a veteran QB, or a journeyman LB, but one quality FA opens up the entire draft for them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should we trade up into the 1st for Queen or another linebacker? - SHRacerX - 02-23-2020, 10:03 AM