Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decent off season mock imo
(02-13-2020, 02:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm interested to see your projected cap hits for those re-signings along with Littleton and Wilkinson.

If the Bengals get Dalton's and Kirkpatrick's salaries off the books, they add ~$26 mill to their current $47 mill available cap, which would put their available cap at $73 mill.

Reserve $10-15 mill just for draft picks and injuries. 
Down to $58-63 mill.

Littleton + Green could very likely eat up $30+ mill of that cap.
Down to $28-33 mill.

Will that amount be enough to sign Dennard, Billings, Tupou, Eifert, Wilson, Reynolds, and Wilkinson?

I think if it does, it would leave the Bengals with basically nothing left to put towards a WJ3 extension, which you have to expect they would plan/want to do.

Also, I didn't see Cordy Glenn mentioned, but what do you do with him? Do you have him start next to Jonah?

Well in your scenario I could then do without Wilkinson to allow for a William Jackson extension but that’s also pending a increase in competent play from him. I’m a big fan of wj3 but also know that his play has been down the last couple years. If Jackson proves he can play back the level he has shown before I’m all for extending him if not draft a corner high in next years draft which this team does not shy away from doing. Also very high on Darius Phillips as well. Ideally if I had to chose I’d say forget Wilkinson extended wj3 and have 3 good corners in Dennard Phillips and Jackson.
As for glenn I expect us to kick him inside to LG like what was planned for him last year and go from there.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Decent off season mock imo - SadFaceBengal15 - 02-13-2020, 04:07 PM