Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Return of Burfict looking bigger and bigger
(10-03-2015, 11:08 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: This article from early last month has some good info: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/10/vontaze-burfict-vows-to-be-ready-come-nov-1-steelers-game/

he’s confident the microfracture surgery he had to combat persistent knee problems will enable him to be back on the field by their Nov. 1 game against the Steelers.

“I feel good,” Burfict told Jim Owczarski of the Cincinnati Enquirer. “I feel better than when I had the first ‘scope. That’s why I had to get the microfracture. But now I feel better than when I did before. So just keep going day-by-day and try and get to 100 percent.”

Burfict injured his knee last October against the Ravens, and had an arthroscopic procedure soon thereafter. But it didn’t respond, and he finished the year on IR. After undergoing microfracture in January, there have been persistent questions about when or if he’d return.

“I was just going to focus on my lower body, and I’m just putting everything together now, and in seven weeks he thought it was going to be practical for me to get back on the field. Now I’m going through my own little training camp you could pretty much say.”

Burfict can return to practice following the Oct. 18 game against the Bills, allowing him a chance to prove he can hit his new timeline, which will be impressive given what he’s been through.

Emphasis mine.

Thanks for posting this.  Nice to get an update.  I can understand all the trepidation about his return and subsequent level of play for the rest of this year, but i feel the will of the player is the great equalizer.  As long as the huge hunger that has to have been building in him all this time won't make him too manic when he does get back out there.  Imagine the lift his return will give the whole team.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Return of Burfict looking bigger and bigger - McC - 10-03-2015, 11:14 AM