Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Not Having a Practice Facility is an Absolute Embarrassment
(02-11-2020, 03:59 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Cue the chorus of telling me I'm beating a dead horse...

Yes, it's been discussed and brought up numerous times throughout the years. But still the Bengals sit without one. It remains a relevant gripe and continues to deserve ridicule.

The Mike and Marvin press conference, where Marvin was "keen" on it, and Mike said he thought it would get done after getting through the CBA, was TEN years ago. TEN!!! A full decade... Still nothing.

I'm not sure some here realize just what an embarrassment this is. And how it affects perception in the league, from free agents, in-house players, and rookies.

Right from the get go, a player arrives to this team and already knows it's less than. He's reminded every walk-through in the rain and sub 40 temperatures. He's reminded in 90+ degree days in August and early Sept.

Joe Burrow is joining a team that practices like a high school team. Almost all of these guys are coming from programs where they practiced indoors. Here, it's 10th grade again getting drizzled on, standing around waiting for reps when it's 35 degrees.

I think it's time for the league to step in here and force the issue. Them, or I'm hoping the NFLPA puts into their CBA demands that it must be done. It's not fair for 1/32 of the league to suffer such an outdated and bs approach.

Fwiw, UC is already looking to build a new, better indoor facility. They funded their bubble with 13 mil of alumni donations. And, not even a decade later, theyre looking to add an additional structure to modernize their facility. They play in the American Athletic Conference by the way.

So welcome to Cincinnati, Joe Burrow. Where we practice like it's 1975. And that goes for all the rookies and free agents too. Don't believe all that negative stuff you hear about us either. Just ignore the weather and take a salt tablet. Remember your food pyramid too.

/ENDRANT

How many times have you made this thread?  could you just bring the old ones up from the dead?

Why keep bringing up something we have no input on.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not Having a Practice Facility is an Absolute Embarrassment - XenoMorph - 02-11-2020, 07:10 PM