Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are your 2020 Reds Breakout player, Comeback player and Top 2 Newcomers?
(02-14-2020, 10:54 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Not at all, I just don't think he'll be as impactful on the team as a new leadoff hitter and the second best bat on the team now, behind Suarez.

Wha..wait a minute..Did you just suggest Moustakas will be hitting leadoff behind Suarez? Meaning Suarez will be hitting 9th?  I must be reading this wrong or you just made a typing/brainfart error or something.. Shocked Only the 2nd best bat, hitting lead off behind Suarez.. Yup..sounds fishy to me. Tongue If that's the case it sounds impactful enough..2nd best and hitting lead off..moving Suarez to the pitchers spot in the order. I dunno what kind of impact that might be, but it's not nothing.
The thing that does feel over done is pretending his lifetime .252 BA is somehow mind bending like he'll suddenly become a .350 hitter. His OPS has ranged from poor to good, but never great and nobody will ever say his 182 career home runs will ever get him into the HOF. Only 2 seasons has he ever hit over 30 home runs. That's not nothing, but not worth the price they're paying IMO.. I think the most impressive hitting stat with Moustakas is his GO/AO ratio of 0.78. He doesn't ground out a lot.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread