Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is This Conceivable? (WR for the future)
(02-15-2020, 10:54 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1 hole to fill and that's LB; the defense has been sound to great otherwise. Only CB I really see them doing anything of consequence, but only because CB is a position that is greatly needed in today's NFL.

I agree with everything else written and could see that as well :)

On defense, it's more than just finding an athlete to play LB.  The defense has no identity, no fiery, vocal leader to set the tone.  The defense already has some great athletes, but they need that alpha personality to tie them all together. (as well as play as an outstanding LB)  I might also contend that the secondary could use it's own field general to call the shots and set the tone out there. (why I took Delpit at 33 in my 2/7 mock)

Would it be nice to take a WR at 33, to give Burrow a young weapon to grow with?  Absolutely.  However, I think that there are enough quality receivers in this class, that they can hold off til the middle rounds to get one.  Unless the Bengals do something shocking in free agency, I see those 33 and 65 selections needing to be a defensive standout and an OT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is This Conceivable? (WR for the future) - SunsetBengal - 02-15-2020, 12:20 PM