Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is This Conceivable? (WR for the future)
(02-15-2020, 12:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: On defense, it's more than just finding an athlete to play LB.  The defense has no identity, no fiery, vocal leader to set the tone.  The defense already has some great athletes, but they need that alpha personality to tie them all together. (as well as play as an outstanding LB)  I might also contend that the secondary could use it's own field general to call the shots and set the tone out there. (why I took Delpit at 33 in my 2/7 mock)

Would it be nice to take a WR at 33, to give Burrow a young weapon to grow with?  Absolutely.  However, I think that there are enough quality receivers in this class, that they can hold off til the middle rounds to get one.  Unless the Bengals do something shocking in free agency, I see those 33 and 65 selections needing to be a defensive standout and an OT.

It's true; the defense's identity is still very much a holdover from the Marvin days (not a bad thing, mind you); a bunch of leaders in every group, but not that one guy who'd head and shoulders THE MAN.

We had that with Burfict (though I'd still say that Peko was the outright leader of that D), but that was only 4 years, really.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is This Conceivable? (WR for the future) - Truck_1_0_1_ - 02-15-2020, 12:58 PM