Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With the first 3 picks which direction do we go?
(02-25-2020, 03:25 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Trading Dre K would create a need for a CB. Damon Arnette from OSU would likely be the best one still available at 33. I'd be ok with that pick, even though I'm praying at Patrick Queen falls to us. We'd have both the offensive and defensive MVPs from 2020 BCS Champion LSU Tigers. That would be pretty special.

I am seriously doubting that the Bengals will move Dre K. from the team.  I fully believe that he plays this year, and then they decide if they are going to re-up him, or just draft a shiny, new 1st round CB in 2021.  

I'm also having my doubts that they squeeze the trigger on LB at the #33 slot, as I feel like they will see Vigil and Pratt's notable improvement after cutting Brown, and decide that they have found the "solution".  So, I predict that they sign Nick Vigil to a modest 3 year deal, and pick a LB in the rounds 3-5 range.

I also predict that they sign AJ Green to a 3 year deal, pretty much ruling out WR as a must have at 33.  With this being such a deep class at WR, it won't really matter, as they can likely find a WR that will make the team in just about any round.

If all of my predictions come to fruition, and the traditional Bengals logic valuing QB, CB, WR, DE, and LT as the "premium" positions, that would leave the #33 pick truly open to BPA, and I'd be fine with that.  If a Grant Delpit was sitting there, I take him.  If a Kenneth Murray is sitting there, I take him.  If one of the outstanding OL is sitting there, I take him, and so on, and so forth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With the first 3 picks which direction do we go? - SunsetBengal - 03-01-2020, 01:49 AM