Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordy Glenn + Dre Kirkpatrick - Still Here...
(02-22-2020, 03:36 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'd imagine we'll find out within the next few weeks. I looked up that Pacman had his option declined on 3/9/18. Burflict was released just after the start of free agency last year 3/18/19. They could be trying to trade the players or wait until they need the cap space.

Personally, I would take whatever they can get in a trade or cut them.

This.  As much as we want that cap space and don't really see a value for the player, Glenn and Kirkpatrick DO have value on the open market.  Glenn is a solid LT and Dre was a first round pick that has shown some ability.  They shouldn't simply be cut...there should be someone out there that wants them and is willing to part with at LEAST a third round pick for either of them.  You don't usually get a starting caliber player at LT or CB in the 3rd round.  

My dream would be a 2nd rounder for Dalton, and a 3rd rounder for Dre and Glenn.  I don't think the Bengals will let Dre, especially, go for less than that...other teams would have to sign him to a new deal and I think the "rent-a-player" design will be attractive to a younger team trying to build for the future.  Darius Phillips has made him expendable or we wouldn't even be having this discussion.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cordy Glenn + Dre Kirkpatrick - Still Here... - SHRacerX - 02-23-2020, 10:40 AM