Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got a sore peter deal today
(02-28-2020, 10:57 PM)grampahol Wrote: I did it with no issues. The wiring harness, however runs through the top hinge pin. The right side with the screen was easy. The left side with the icemaker was the tough one. The wiring and the water line was a bit tough at first, but I got em in there.. They're both hollow with an opening on one side..  Pretty gimpy setup since there are no bolts holding the top pins in like older fridges.. just a small removable lever clamp type setup.. Other than the wired and water line the hard part was trying to align the pins top and bottom.. You have to do one blind.. Oh well..SUCCESS! and...it still works like new. Whoda thunked it?
I'm considering buying scrapped newer appliances from a guy I know for the parts and reselling just parts online. Just one of the plastic door bins cost over $50 from refurbishers.. There's hundreds of individual parts on just one scrapped refrigerator. I'd be happier than a pig in sh*** to resell em for less than half price.. LOL

You are amazing.  ThumbsUp

Usually when I try to do what you did I have to watch 5 youtube videos. Yet based on your experience and knowledge, technology didn't deter you from saving a buck. I would have hired someone to do that stuff and eliminated my savings. Well, probably not, but still impressed with your problem solving skill on the project.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
We got a sore peter deal today - grampahol - 02-27-2020, 11:40 PM
RE: We got a sore peter deal today - HarleyDog - 02-28-2020, 11:25 PM