Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aquino Needs to Really Impress in Spring Training
(03-07-2020, 11:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: Yeah..not feeling all that impressed about Aquino right now, but he might suddenly become a bit more selective and stop swinging at just any old bad pitch, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting. If he could figure out to not swing at everything down and away he might just get on base a few more times and force pitchers to touch the strike zone more often..  He's got the power no doubt, but the patience to wait them out just isn't there. I'd rather have a .300 hitting Payton who rarely hits one out over a guy who strikes out more often than he comes up to bat. Payton may just become a very good #2 hitter without the power.. Not every player is going to be a HR hitter. This team has plenty of power hitters, but without anyone on base before them more often than not they'll hit a 1 run HR. I'd love to have a .300+ guy on base for those guys much more than an automatic K hitter.. Call me old fashioned, but I like when my team scores more runs than the other team.

I'm with you gramps. I had high hopes for Aquino this spring I thought last September might have taught him something, but it seems thus far it didn't. He's had a couple decent stints in the minors but overall not so great. He's 25 and if he's gonna "get it" he needs to start getting it, soon.

In 26 AB's during the shortened ST he had 2 hits, 2 RBI's, for an .077 avg. with 11 strike outs. I'm not ready to give up all hope yet but somebody needs to let him know he doesn't have to swing at every pitch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aquino Needs to Really Impress in Spring Training - bengalfan74 - 03-21-2020, 10:08 PM