Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Combine Best Case Scenario
Projected 44.8mil in cap space https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cincinnati-bengals/

Move on from Dalton, Glenn, Kirkpatrick - Get at least a 3rd round pick - save 35 mil

About 79mil to spend and then the draft

RFAs
Brandon Wilson 2nd round tender 3.2mil
Cethan Carter original round tender 2.1mil
Tupou original round tender 2.1mil

Franchise tag AJ - 18.5 mil

Re-sign
Darqueze 3 year 21mil
Billings 3 year 15mil
Fej 1 year 2mil

-39.9mil for those contracts for our own

39.1mil left to spend

-12.1mil for the mikey boy owner fee

27mil left

Sign
S Sean Davis - 2 year 12mil guaranteed- 2nd round pick of the Steelers in 2016. 243 tackles 5 ints and 20 PDs in his first 4 years. Got hurt last year and was replaced by Minkah Fitzpatrick who they traded a first round pick for. I am all about taking Davis off of their hands and giving him decent money on a prove it contract since he is coming off of injury and played in 1 game last year. The Steelers used him up and spit him out. Lets see if he has anything left and wants to get some revenge.

LB Patrick Onwuasor - 2 year 12mil guaranteed- Former UDFA S turned LB. Ravens gave him a 2nd round RFA tender last year. 213 tackles, 9.5 sacks, 1 int, and 5 FF in his 4 year career. We have to pay him more than they will. I would bring him and Sean Davis in on a visit at the same time. Let them two know we are for real and that we will give them a good chunk of money and want them to be big time players. And steal away two attitude players from our division rivals.

CB Eli Apple - 2 year 12mil guaranteed - #10 overall pick in 2016 by the Giants. Was traded from the Giants to the Saints for a 4th and 7th. They declined his 5th year option. Bring him back to Ohio for the awakening. Better days are ahead for him.

LB Jatavis Brown - 1 year 2mil - 5th round pick by the Charges in 2016 out of Akron. I was salty we missed this guy considering he was a late round pick from Akron who was an absolute monster in college. Started out his NFL career on fire. Injuries have slowed him and he is a smaller LB. Hence the reason he is on the clearance rack we are shopping. Bring him back to Ohio for the awakening. He is basically coming in as a starter with our thin depth chart so we should be an ideal destination for him to rehab his value.

DL Derek Wolfe - 3 year 21mil guaranteed- Stud DL from the Broncos, been around the block, eight years in the league, but still only 30. Think Justin Smith. Bring the Ohio boy home for the awakening.

Draft

1: R1P1 QB JOE BURROW LSU
The Obvious one.

33: R2P1 EDGE TERRELL LEWIS ALABAMA
A. 6'5" 264lbs 33 3/4" arms 10" hands
B. 6'5" 262lbs 33 7/8" arms 9 7/8" hands
A = Chase Young
B = Terrell Lewis
A couple injuries didn't allow Lewis to be a consistent force like Young. But all the tools are there and he finished his college career healthy and disruptive. Terrell Suggs + Ray Lewis = Terrell Lewis? I see why Hobson has us taking this guy in one of his mocks. Love the top of our roster here with Dunlap, Hubbard, and Lawson. But we have no depth. At a very important position.

65: R3P1 OT ISAIAH WILSON GEORGIA
6'6" 350lbs redshirt sophomore. We got the all world QB from LSU. The giant freak edge player from Alabama, now we take the giant OT from the other SEC powerhouse. I like to pretend FJ is playing RG and Isaiah RT... Not sure there would be a bigger right side in the league.

Trade (We should be able to get at least one mid round pick for the vets we are moving on from Dalton, Glenn, Kirkpatrick)- Michael Pittman WR USC - I keep seeing him falling to the 3rd round. 6'4" 223lbs runs a 4.5 40 and had a 36.5" vert NFL bloodlines and just had a 100 catch season for USC. Kind of reminds me of Michael Thomas... I don't think I have seen many drafts where this type of WR prospect is available in the 3rd. The stupidly deep WR class lets us get a lot of potential late.

104: R4P1 LB MALIK HARRISON OHIO STATE
Wow? Another LB? We already signed 2 free agent LBs and drafted an Edge in the 2nd round. And if Malik Harrison is staring us in the face on the start of day 3 we go LB again. Top players from top teams is a plan I always support.

147: R5P1 TE THADDEUS MOSS LSU
Only reason he is available here is because he has a Jones Fracture and needs surgery. We take that big gamble to pair the HoFers son with his Heisman national champ teammate who we took in the 1st.

180: R6P1 LB LOGAN WILSON WYOMING
Wow wow wow. Another LB? Yep. It is far and away the biggest need. Don't play around. Fix the problem. We have a massive numbers problem. We need LBs. This is a good class. At a minimum we need to sign two and draft two. This guy is a fully functioning tackling machine.

215: R7P1 ? - That player that falls really big for some reason. Hopefully an OL. Maybe Trey Adams

Roster

* means it is a signing or rookie
30 on O
QB Burrow*, Finley, Dolegala
RB Mixon, Gio, Trayveon, Rodney Anderson
WR AJ*, Boyd, Ross, Tate, Erickson, Pittman*, Morgan
TE Uzomah, Sample, Carter*, Moss*, Shrek, Franks
OL Jonah, MJ, Hopkins, Miller, Hart, FJ, Wilson*, Prince, Price, Dugas
28 on D
DL Atkins, Wolfe*, Tupou*, Billings*, Brown, Wren, Glasgow
Edge Dunlap, Hubbard, Lawson, Lewis*
LB Onwuasor*, Pratt, Jatavis*, Harrison*, Wilson*, Evans
CB WJ3, Phillips, Darqueze*, Apple*, Webb, Winston Rose(canadian guy)
S Bates, Williams, Wilson*, Davis*, Fej*

Still a ways to go to get to the full training camp roster but I would love that start
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Post Combine Best Case Scenario - NATI BENGALS - 03-05-2020, 07:22 AM