Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
(03-22-2020, 07:31 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Maybe you misunderstood what I was trying to convey? Not sure? Even though we were more competitive with Andy , and got the "no win monkey" off off our backs. I don't think he should have taken another snap (after) the switch to Finley. And, yes Finley looked pretty damn bad.

At that point forward they should have been aggressively seeking a AD trade partner. They knew he wasn't in the Bengals future. That's where they dropped the ball imo.

The FA signings have been promising, so happy about that.

Ts, this has been the craziest off-season for QBs that I can remember!! Still in flux, and crazy as we chat! 

Do we even know they weren't aggressively trying but there just weren't any takers?  If you look back at what teams might have been interested, who might there have been?  Pittsburgh is the only one I can think of.  And who knows Andy better than them?  When's the last time he beat them?

I disagree on not letting Dalton play again.  I can't imagine anyone in the building would have wanted to go 0-16 and if Finley kept playing, not only would he have been permanently broken, if he isn't already, they almost surely have not won a single game and that would have been devastating to everybody.  Not that winning only two was any great shakes but at least it gave some level of hope going into the off season.  Plus, having him win those two at least potentially raised his value a little.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - McC - 03-22-2020, 07:38 PM