Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
(03-22-2020, 07:38 PM)McC Wrote: Do we even know they weren't aggressively trying but there just weren't any takers?  If you look back at what teams might have been interested, who might there have been?  Pittsburgh is the only one I can think of.  And who knows Andy better than them?  When's the last time he beat them?

I disagree on not letting Dalton play again.  I can't imagine anyone in the building would have wanted to go 0-16 and if Finley kept playing, not only would he have been permanently broken, if he isn't already, they almost surely have not won a single game and that would have been devastating to everybody.  Not that winning only two was any great shakes but at least it gave some level of hope going into the off season.  Plus, having him win those two at least potentially raised his value a little.

Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose. It was nice to get in the win column. I'm not sure playing him would have had any bearing on anything, AD related? Helped the Bengals a little though. He has about a decades worth of tape on him already. They should have been able to get something for him, but the current QB market almost dictates a cut.

2020 has been a strange year thus far. Probably the understatement of all time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - coachmcneil71 - 03-22-2020, 07:53 PM