Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
We can always hope to trade him on draft weekend. Otherwise hanging on to him might not be a bad idea considering what happens with carona-virus. If there's not much of an off-season it might be a good idea to have Andy start right out of the gate (while Burrow takes the time to prepare). If Dalton has some early season success and other teams are hungry for a QB, maybe we can trade him. Say you trade him week 5 or 6 (or earlier), that gives Burrow lots of time to get ready for his first start.

There's two ways to look at it. Cut him and spend the money now. Or, wait for a better return. Maybe the Pats are willing to trade for Dalton after a couple weeks of failure, and watching Dalton return to form behind a better team?

Dalton's stock couldn't be lower right now. Free Agency has proven that so far. Waiting might be the best option though. I get that it's not appealing, but if you want a good return it might be for the best. If you just want to cut bait and spend the money I get that too.

In my opinion Mike Brown will take the patient approach. He wants to get a good return. He's certainly open to moving Dalton. It's not his fault Dalton's market is nil at this point. The best option might be giving Dalton a chance to prove himself to other teams early next year.

Certainly an interesting off-season. Can't wait to get Burrow drafted and signed! The future is definitely looking up!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - Bengalstripes9 - 03-22-2020, 08:45 PM