Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
(03-22-2020, 09:03 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: And that may prove to be the best option. I'm not sure MB will cut bait so early though. We'll see. I think Bill Belicheck is banking on it. He's smart. He probably thinks he can keep Thuney, and still get Dalton on the cheap.

Seems like the best players are gone at this point. To me we'd have to eat up his salary via extending Mixon and AJ, and signing some depth players.

(03-22-2020, 09:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This almost sounds likely. Glad we did well in FA so far, now need to have a great Draft.

The more I watch of Burrow I think he is already light years ahead of Dalton and I am not hating on Dalton.

This guy is the most polished QB I have ever seen coming out of college.

We could very well wait until the draft to trade him. If we can't trade him by the end of the draft, maybe then we cut him and focus on extending our own and signing our draft picks. We don't have to cut bait right now in my opinion. His money will pay for our draft picks. If we are planning on cutting him at some point, we can still spend in FA. Although all I expect now are depth signings.

I'm definitely happy with FA. Reader is gunna make our defensive line whole again. He could extend Geno's career by taking so much pressure off of him--freeing him up to make plays. Our edge players will be freed up. Our run defense will be improved. He makes the entire defense better. Then shoring up the tackling in the secondary is a great start. Hoping we can get some good linebackers in the draft to more or less complete the turnaround on D. A solid guard would be great as well.

I keep watching the highlights from Burrow. The guy is just focused. Precise. Accurate. His pocket awareness is truly elite. I can't wait to get this guy signed and see what he can do for our franchise!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - Bengalstripes9 - 03-22-2020, 09:27 PM